PRE-SEASON COACH AND PLAYER CLINICS
Coaches’ clinics are for parent/volunteer coaches who want to receive strategies to properly and effectively coach their youth basketball teams. Clinics take place in late November or early December, just prior to the start of basketball season. Come and receive instruction how to approach and successfully approach your basketball season, whether you have coached before or not. Coaches receive a handout, complete with a “tool box” of drills and appropriate goals and methods to coach their respective age groups, from Kinder-9th Grade kids. Coach Heidi also gives helpful websites where coaches can harvest plays, drills, defensive sets and other extremely helpful information.
Player Clinics are for beginner or intermediate skill-level players to “get ready” for the season. Players work on correct forms of shooting, dribbling, passing, rebounding, defense and “game situations” along with team concepts–a great way to transition from fall sports into basketball season!
- November 16, 2019 (Saturday) @ MDUMC (not limited to WHCSA coaches)
- 8:30-9:30 am – Volunteer/Parent Coaches Clinic (includes handout) $15
- 10:00-12:00 pm – Player Clinic for 1st- 3rd Graders (Co-Ed) $30
- 1:00-3:00 pm – Player Clinic for 4th-7th Graders (Co-Ed) $30
- Registration coming soon!
- December 7, 2019 (Saturday) for SBMSA Recreation League @ SFMS- Spring Forest Middle School
- 8:30-10:00 am – Coach Clinic (includes handout)
- 10:30-12 noon- Players Clinic (Co-ed) 5 -8 yrs old
- 12:30-2:00 pm- Players Clinic (Co-ed) 9 – 10 yrs old
- 2:30-4:00 pm- Players Clinic (Co-ed) 11 and up
- Registration Link on SBMSA website
- December 14, 2019 (Saturday) @ Tallowood Baptist Church
- 10:30-12:00 noon Coach Clinic (not limited to Kingdom Basketball coaches)
- No Player Clinic to follow/ No registration needed/ Free to all coaches
Click below to download our 6-pg PowerPoint Coach Clinic Handout: